Hello again, here I have part two of my first attempt at watercoloring with Distress Inks.  It took me longer than a couple of days to get around to finish coloring the image and then once I did, I didn’t really like how it turned out.  I was just going to trash it and then start again, but this is a learning experience, so here is the picture of how it turned out.  I’m definitely going to try this again, but I’m going to watch a few more videos first!

Things I learned from trying this for the first time:

Always use your reds last, when they bleed, they are had to fix. (This is true for Copic Markes too, so I should have know better!)

Less is better, I feel like I over colored it, should have left more white areas or highlights.

Make sure each area is dry before going onto the next, I had a lot of colors bleeding into each other.

Keep a paper towel or napkin handy to blot excess water.

 

Finished image, watercolored with distress inks.

Finished image, watercolored with distress inks.

Advertisements